New $2000 NSW rebate makes the first IVF cycle free at The Fertility Centre
The NSW government has recently announced that Women in NSW undergoing IVF and accessing other assisted reproductive treatments will be given a one-off cash rebate of up to $2,000 to reduce treatment costs.
If you have undergone an eligible procedure from 1 October 2022 with The Fertility Centre in Liverpool, Wollongong or Nepean (Penrith), you will be able to submit a claim when the rebate scheme officially opens on the 1st of January.
And with The Fertility Centre's affordable IVF costs, this means the first IVF cycle can be completely covered by the new rebate.
What we know about the new NSW IVF rebate
- It will commence on 1 October 2022, with the claimable period from 1 January 2023, so any treatment after 1st October, will be eligible in the claim. We recommend keeping all receipts to support your claim.
- The rebate will be available to 12,000 NSW residents using private fertility clinics like The Fertility Centre.
- We strongly encourage you to claim as soon as you possibly can.
Eligibility for the cash rebate includes:
- you are an NSW resident
- you are undertaking IVF or another fertility treatment in a private clinic
- you have out-of-pocket costs from an accredited provider from 1 October 2022
The rebate is not available for those:
- with an out-of-pocket cost associated with publicly supported lower cost IVF treatment
- patients who access services with the sole purpose to preserve their fertility
- with no out-of-pocket costs
Patients can make multiple claims, up to a total value of $2000 per person.
With the launch of the rebate on 1 October 2022, we recommend starting your fertility journey today so that you’ll be ready to claim the rebate as soon as possible. Details on how to claim this rebate will be released closer to the launch on the NSW Health website.
We’ll keep you updated of the rebate criteria on our socials as and when the details are released.
To take advantage of this rebate, fill out the form below or call us to book your first free consultation with our dedicated fertility nurse.
*Note, medicare eligibility applies.