Why choose The Fertility Centre?
The Fertility Centre brings together a team of highly experienced fertility experts; including specialist fertility and IVF doctors, fertility nurses and scientific staff. They are your team, working together, to help you achieve your dream of having a baby.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to access 'a little extra' help with starting their family, without the financial strains often associated with IVF treatment.
At The Fertility Centre, you can forget the long public waiting lists. Our large team of Doctors enables you to book your first appointment within a few weeks.
You may not always need IVF, so we start with an affordable IVF fertility assessment to better understand your individual situation, and then determine whether IVF or ICSI is right for you.
The Fertility Centre is dedicated to providing you with the best level of care. You can read our Pathway of Care Policy as well as our Quality Policy for each state, recognising the need to deliver services to patients, referring doctors and all other customers at a consistently high level of quality that always meets and exceeds their expectations:
The Fertility Centre is backed by Virtus Health.
- How do we make IVF affordable?
With The Fertility Centre, the family you’ve always wanted is now within reach.
- Bulk billing for all possible pathology tests.
- Having our experienced fertility specialists consult on a rotational basis: You will not always see the same specialist at your appointments, however each of our specialists has extensive knowledge in infertility, investigations and IVF treatment.
- Sharing a large part of your IVF journey with our experienced nursing team: Dedicated support is provided throughout all your appointments, from your first nursing appointment, blood tests and scans, to treatment options.
- IVF treatment protocol: by drawing on our extensive experience in IVF, we have refined our approach to treatment by offering IVF and ICSI, tailored to your needs.
What’s more, our model of care means there are no additional out-of-pocket costs such as; fertility specialist appointments, counselling or day hospital fees, if appropriate.
Our IVF Costs page outlines all treatment fees.
- Is The Fertility Centre right for me?
The Fertility Centre is ideal for you if:
- You are concerned that you are not falling pregnant, and are searching for answers and expert fertility advice.
- You have already seen a gynaecologist or fertility specialist who has recommended IVF treatment.
- You have already undergone fertility treatment with a different IVF centre, and are looking for a second opinion without the financial strain that can come with IVF treatment costs at a standard full-service IVF clinic.
- You do not have private health insurance and are Medicare eligible, and/or a health care card holder.
- Due to the local anesthetic used during egg collection, a patients' age is critical. For this reason women undertaking egg pick-up must be under 46 years of age.
The Fertility Centre may not be suitable if you:
You are seeking treatment which requires more advanced technologies such as PGT, or genetic services.
Your fertility treatment would require the use of donated eggs or sperm.
However, should it become clear during assessment or treatment that you do require a more complex level of treatment, we can refer you to one of our sister brands who are all members of Virtus Health.
- Where can I start IVF treatment?
Established in 2011, The Fertility Centre now has seven conveniently located clinics across Australia. These clinics include:
- Dandenong, VIC*
- Liverpool, Sydney, NSW
- Benowa, the Gold Coast, QLD
- Preston, VIC
- Springwood, Brisbane, QLD
- Werribee, Melbourne, VIC*
- Wollongong, NSW
All TFC fertility clinics offer:
- IVF fertility investigations and assessments (both male and female)
- Fertility diagnosis and affordable IVF and ICSI by experienced fertility specialists
- A trusted referral to IVFAustralia, Melbourne IVF or Queensland Fertility Group, if standard IVF or ICSI are not the preferred treatment for you.
* For The Fertility Centre Victoria, egg collection and embryo transfer is performed at The Womens’ in Parkville, Melbourne.