Affordable IVF treatment
In Vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a very common and successful form of fertility treatment, and is available at one of our seven convenient locations across Queensland, New South Wales & Victoria.
IVF treatment at The Fertility Centre is managed by your team of experienced fertility specialists, scientists and nurses. Backed by Australia’s number one fertility group, Virtus Health, we offer affordable IVF with proven success rates.
- What is IVF?
IVF is where fertilisation of a woman’s eggs occurs outside the human body. IVF involves a woman taking medication to stimulate her ovaries to produce more eggs than usual. Following careful blood and ultrasound monitoring these eggs are then collected.
The collected eggs are then placed with a large number of the partner's sperm in the laboratory enabling fertilisation to take place naturally, forming an embryo. Two to five days later, one of the resulting embryos is transferred back to the woman’s uterus. If there are any other viable embryos available, they can be frozen for potential future transfer to the woman.
- How does The Fertility Centre make IVF more affordable?
The Fertility Centre can offer more affordable IVF treatment because we offer a simplified and standardised form of IVF. This means we
- Bulk-bill most blood tests and ultrasounds: If you are eligible for Medicare rebates and hold a current Medicare card you can receive the full benefit of bulk billing.
- Have our experienced fertility specialists consult on a rotational basis: You will not always see the same specialist at your appointments however each of our specialists has extensive knowledge in infertility, investigations and IVF treatment.
- Share a large part of your IVF journey with our experienced nursing team: Dedicated support is provided throughout all your appointments, from your first nursing appointment, blood tests and scans, to treatment options.
- IVF treatment protocol: By drawing on our extensive experience in IVF, we have refined our approach to treatment by offering IVF and ICSI, tailored to your needs. In some cases this means using fewer fertility drugs and hormones to gently stimulate the ovaries, but this is always assessed on an individual basis.
- The IVF process - step-by-step
Below you can follow a typical patient journey through The Fertility Centre, and learn about what to expect when you decide to seek fertility treatment with our highly experienced team.
- What are the success rates of IVF?
Established in 2012 and backed by Australia’s largest IVF group, The Fertility Centre has performed thousands of IVF cycles. We are proud of the IVF success rates we are achieving for our patients.
Learn more about our IVF success rates »
- How much does IVF cost?
At The Fertility Centre we are committed to offering IVF at an affordable price. Through our collaborative service model, we’ve been able to keep treatment costs to a minimum while ensuring quick access to fertility treatment. Our highly experienced fertility team can help you achieve your dream of having a baby, without placing you under financial strain or placing you on a long wait list.
Learn more about our IVF costs »