Meet your team of fertility specialists
Each of The Fertility Centre seven convenient locations is staffed by an experienced team of fertility specialists, general practitioner, fertility nurses, scientists and counsellors. These teams are well-known in the local area for their proficiency and commitment to quality patient care. Every fertility specialist has extensive experience in fertility assessment and treatment, ensuring you always receive trusted and expert care.
- Fertility & IVF Doctors
The fertility specialist team at The Fertility Centre will manage your initial appointments, IVF fertility assessment and recommend a treatment plan. Our specialists are experienced gynaecologists with additional training and expertise in fertility and IVF treatment, such as a Certificate of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (CREI). These additional qualifications demonstrate that our fertility specialists are fully trained to provide the highest level of fertility care.
Our fertility specialists work on a roster system, which means that while you may not always have your consultations, investigations or procedures carried out by the same specialist, you have a team of specialists working collaboratively to deliver your individual treatment.
There is no wait list to see one of our fertility specialists. Initial consultations can usually be booked within a few weeks depending on your availability. IVF treatment can begin soon after, depending on the timing of your menstrual cycle.
- Fertility nurses
As part of our treatment model, a large part of your patient journey will be supported by our skilled fertility nurses. Our experienced and caring nurses understand the decisions you are facing, will assist you through every stage of your treatment, and ensure you are supported throughout your fertility journey.
- Taking your medical history. Our nurses will have an in-depth discussion about your medical history and coordinate IVF fertility assessments and tests during your initial consultation so we can better understand you.
- Clearly explaining treatment costs and medical terminology. We know that there are a lot of acronyms in fertility, so our nurses will break down any medical jargon and answer any questions you may have along the way.
- Assisting the fertility specialist with starting IVF. The nurses will get you started and fully prepped for your IVF treatment, orientation and ultrasounds.
- Monitoring your IVF cycle. Our nurses will share their ‘know-how’ with you so you can feel confident administering any drugs you may need to take as part of your IVF treatment.
Whether you simply want to discuss your situation with someone who understands, or you have a specific question about fertility treatment, our friendly team are on-hand and happy to help.
- IVF scientists and laboratories
Established in 2012, and backed by Australia’s largest fertility group, Virtus Health, The Fertility Centre has a number of highly-skilled embryologists, andrologists and pathologists who play a crucial role in the success of your IVF treatment.
- Embryology (the science of IVF). This section of our laboratory is staffed by experienced embryologists to ensure the highest standard of excellence and pregnancy results. This is where the most complex scientific procedures are carried out, such as In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), and embryo culture.
- Andrology (testing male fertility). Scientists in our andrology laboratory work closely with our fertility specialists to test the semen of the male partner.
- Pathology (blood testing). Our pathology laboratories specialise in performing hormone, serology and virology blood tests. These dedicated scientists analyse blood samples with an efficient and timely return of blood test results to your fertility team for interpretation.
- Fertility counsellors
The Fertility Centre patients also have access to our experienced, fertility counsellors who can provide emotional support on your IVF journey. Our fertility counsellors have many years’ experience working with some of Australia’s leading IVF clinics. No one’s path is the same, but this journey is all about you.
- Fertility general practitioners
Victoria has a resident Fertility GP - so you don't need a referral to visit our VIC clinics
Dr Caroline Cornwallis - has extensive experience with IVF treatment providers and is available for referral and non-referral patients at The Fertility Centre in Preston.
As the Head of General Practice with The Fertility Centre – Victoria, Caroline’s specialist skills cover all aspects of female and male infertility. Her hands-on-approach ensures that every patient at The Fertility Centre is supported and set on the right path to starting a family.